لیست آپدیت و تغییرات افزونه LayerSlider :
- WordPress 5.2 introduced changes to server requirements that may prevent some users updating to the latest WP releases. LayerSlider will not follow this change in the foreseeable future and is fully compatible with both new and older WP releases.
- Changes in browser implementation of autoplay policies now allow us to display the Unmute button introduced in v6.8.0 for all supported media sources and in all browsers.
- Countless media playback improvements and fixes.
- Fixed the stretched/distorted background image issue that affected some users mostly with zoomed-in browser settings.
- The “Enhanced lazy load” advanced option now also takes care of the ‘srcset’ attribute to prevent any unwanted network traffic.
- Many other improvements and fixes under the hood.
- The new WordPress editing experience is here and LayerSlider provides a full-fledged Gutenberg block for your convenience. The helper utility for the Classic Editor remains available, so you can easily insert sliders no matter what page builder do you prefer.
- LayerSlider -> Options -> Advanced now offers settings to disable editor extensions.
- Added [author-avatar] post placeholder for Dynamic Layers.
- Deeplinks can now be used for back and forth navigation instead of just starting the slider with a specific slide.
- Improved support for Vimeo videos
- Fixed minor media playback issues
- Minor UI changes
- Added the Pixie Image Editor by Vebto. This is a replacement for the Adobe Image Editor SDK that was removed from the last release due to its end-of-life.
- Huge file optimizations. This updates makes sure that every resource is as compact as it can be, so you and your visitors can save bandwidth and server resources.
- This update also comes with a horde of small bug fixes and improvements, focusing on stability, performance and aesthetics.
- Some small UI changes for usability purposes.
- Fixed media playback issues with static layers.
- Fixed an issue with embedded media on secure (HTTPS) sites that we caught right after releasing the previous update.
We’re back! Although you didn’t hear from us for a while, we’re still actively working on LayerSlider. In fact, we have some big announcements coming soon. Stay tuned!
In the meantime, here is an update that we planned to release much earlier. We’re very sorry about the delay. Future updates will now arrive at the usual rate.
A COMPLETE MEDIA HANDLING OVERHAUL
Anything media related in LayerSlider has been rewritten from scratch.
- We’re now using newer APIs that should be more reliable and should eliminate strange edge cases.
- Custom embed options specified in the URL is now 100% tracked and recognized by LayerSlider.
- A new media option
loopwas added for media layers.
- Introduced the
mutedsetting for media layers. A special option called
Offer to unmuteis there, so you can provide a non-intrusive experience to your visitors by offering a special button to easily restore sound on an otherwise muted video.
- Improved compatibility with media autoplay policies. Some web browsers might prevent video/audio layers to be autoplayed based on a number of different factors. Muted autoplay is always allowed. This new update now falls back gracefully and plays the media muted whenever the restrictions would apply. In cases when media should have been autoplayed with sound, we’re offering an easy way for page visitors to restore sound with a click of a button.
- The slideshow will no longer wait indefinitely for a paused media to finish. After pausing media playback the slider will wait a few extra seconds, but it will eventually continue the slideshow if all animations on the slide has completed and the slider wants to switch slides.
- Other significant improvements for media handling, especially for mobile and tablet devices.
- New smart links (LayerSlider Action) to manage media playback: play, pause & unmute.
- New API commands: playMedia, pauseMedia & unmuteMedia
- New API events: mediaDidStart, mediaDidStop
- PS: The new unmute button offered to easily restore sound may not always be visible for embedded players (i.e. YouTube and Vimeo). Browser support varies and we expect them to support delegating autoplay permission to embedded players in the near future. HTML5 self-hosted videos are working as expected in all browsers.
- You can now override slider settings via the shortcode or the PHP function. It can be useful if you want to make small changes to the same slider in certain situations without having duplicates. For example, you might want to change the slider skin on some pages to fit better to a different page style. Check the Overriding settings section for more information.
- This update improves the reliability of our online services. Serving plugin updates, downloading templates and other online features should now work even in very unusual server environments.
- The Adobe Image Editor was removed due to its end-of-life. A replacement solution will be added very soon in another update.
- Fixed qTranslate compatibility that affected sliders inserted by certain page builders in some cases.
- Fixed an issue that affected Popup sliders when used with the Origami slide transition.
- Fixed the
reverseSlideAPI method not properly replaying the slide when the second parameter was present.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.7.6
Kreatura is committed to user data protection. To keep pace with the new data protection laws taking effect on May 25, 2018 in the European Union, we are updating our privacy policies. Please, do visit our General Data Protection Regulation page for more information.
This update introduces a modal window asking your consent for using certain features in LayerSlider. A new Privacy tab has also been added to the LayerSlider -> Options page where you can enable/disable these features & services.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.7.5
This release focuses on plugin-wide improvements and bug fixes including lots of less visible changes to enhance compatibility and stability.
- Greatly improved Play By Scroll feature, which now works as expected if a slider covers the entire page or located at unusual places.
- Improvements to HTTPS secure sites to overcome some edge cases that might affected certain sites very rarely.
- Improvements to script loading and handling, which provides extended compatibility with CDNs and JS minify/combine features commonly used in themes and cache plugins.
- Fixed pre 5.3 PHP parsing errors.
- Fixed date localization in dynamic posts.
- The Popup click trigger now prevents navigating away from page if it’s set on a linked element.
- Theme authors now have the ability to enforce certain settings located under LayerSlider -> Options -> Advanced in order to maximize theme compatibility.
- Removed the “Put JS includes to body” advanced setting. The “Include scripts in the footer” option should be used as an alternative.
- Lots of under the hood improvements and bug fixes.
- Chrome 66’s Autoplay Policy Change: Google introduced new browser restrictions, which will prevent automatic video/audio playback in certain situations. Autoplay is now allowed only when either the media won’t play sound, after the user clicks or taps on the site, or (on desktop) if the user has previously shown an interest in media on the site.Another follow-up update will arrive soon, which will provide further options to mitigate these restrictions. Since it’s governed by the browser, there is no way to restore the previous behavior. However, we can supply alternate options like autoplaying muted videos where visitors can restore sound with a separate button.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.7.1
- Fixed an issue that caused Popup sliders not displaying in some cases.
- Fixed the Origami transition on slides with no slide background image.
- Fixed image pickers to always display high quality preview images.
- Fixed video/audio MIME-types when selecting multiple source formats.
- Fixed newly imported slides to always show the proper preview image.
- Further minor improvements and bug fixes under the hood.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.7.0
- A new export method: Export as HTML. This is very helpful if you’re using the WordPress version of LayerSlider for its editor, but you want to export the final results for the jQuery version.
- The Slider Builder now automatically collapses your WordPress admin sidebar to make a bit more room for your content. This will not affect other pages and your preferred settings elsewhere. You can customize this behavior under Screen Options.
- The complete redesign of slide tabs in the Slider Builder:
- The new design shows a preview of all your slides, allowing you to quickly find the slide you want to work with.
- Slide titles can now be edited right away, no more double click to edit action is required.
- Options like “Duplicate Slide” and “Hide Slide” are now integrated into slide tabs and you can access these options with the arrow icon or by right clicking on the slide preview.
- Performing any kind of slide action no longer requires you to jump to the appropriate slide first. You can make the necessary changes without changing the active selection.
- Countless other improvements like marking hidden slides, intelligently counting slides, creating duplicates next to their origin, etc.
- To take advantage of the new slide tabs and have gorgeous slide previews, a new “capture slide” option has been added. It will automatically generate a snapshot of your slides, including all the layers. You can even make a snapshot of a live slider by using the Timeline feature, so everything is at your disposal to capture the best possible moment.
- All of the Template Store contents have been updated to take advantage of the changes and new features introduced in the last 12 months. This includes the new slide tabs, the updated templates all have gorgeous preview images, etc.
- LayerSlider -> Options -> Advanced now includes several new options:
- RocketScript compatibility: CloudFlare’s Rocket Loader now has a dedicated option to ignore LayerSlider’s files, which helps avoiding certain issues.
- For easier access, you can now right click on sliders in the grid view to display slider actions, which would be available with the arrow icon otherwise.
- Countless small UI and usability improvements all over the plugin.
- Fixed an issue that caused certain images not always showing up if you’ve moved your site or changed the site URL.
- Fixed an issue that prevented exporting empty sliders.
- Many under the hood bug fixes.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.8
- Improved reliability of our online services like Auto-Updates, especially in a multi-domain setup. If you’ve experienced issues previously, please try to reactivate your license after updating to this new version.
- Added support for custom slide properties. You can now specify your own slide settings for increased customization via the LayerSlider API.
- The LayerSlider API’s Event Data object now contains new shortcuts to retrieve slides data.
- Updated documentation, especially dealing with activation-related questions.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.7
- Fixed certain issues with the Timeline and Popup features on the admin interface.
- Fixed PHP debug messages.
- Fixed certain user interface issues.
- Fixed an API issue regarding sliderDidDestroy and sliderDidRemove events.
- Updated developer documentation focusing on licensing terms and theme integration.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.5
This release includes important bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue that caused icons not appearing in front-end sliders in cases.
- Workaround for WP issue #۲۵۴۴۹ that resulted some URLs not having the appropriate HTTPS protocol when it is needed.
- Minor under the hood improvements.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.4
This release includes important bug fixes.
- Fixed the Blend mode Premium notice, which appeared incorrectly for admins above the front-end sliders in certain cases.
- Fixed the rounding issue when using decimal percentage values for positioning.
- Fixed the random starting slide in Slideshow settings.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.3
This release includes important bug fixes and various improvements.
- Various fixes and improvements to slider markup caches:
- LayerSlider now serves fresh, non-cached versions for admins and anyone who can manage sliders, even if caching is enabled.
- Updating the caches more accurately to always maintain a consistent state.
- Adopted accessibility standards to make LayerSlider more accessible for people with disabilities.
- Continued optimizing the generated slider markup for efficiency.
layerslider_attr_listfilter hooks for developers. Check the Filter reference for more information.
- Several minor improvements in the LayerSlider API.
- Various other bug fixes and improvement under the hood.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.2
This release focuses on efficiency and bringing you meaningful improvements and bug fixes.
- LayerSlider now uses a slightly more compact and efficient source code out of the box.
- Disabling the ‘Use srcset attribute’ option now completely removes the srcset and sizes attributes from the generated source code instead of just disregarding them in the plugin internals. This can drastically reduce the generated source code size.
- Dropdown select boxes under layer styles now include an ‘Inherit from theme’ option. This new and now default value means that you have no preference for a given option and your WP theme is free to apply its own styles (if any). This makes possible to generate a much cleaner and more efficient source code, but you can still apply any styling settings you want in order to match the appearance with the front-end.
- Added Enhanced lazy load option to Slider Settings -> Misc in Advanced Mode. Please read the option description on the admin interface to learn more.
- The Template Store now shows a warning message in all cases when it encounters a server issue.
- Some minor changes that make using the Slider Builder interface more convenient.
- Fixed all known issues with the new linking fields that was introduced in the previous update.
- Fixed displaying the most recent snapshot in Revisions.
- Fixed a PHP debug message displayed in rare cases.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.1
Among other improvements and bug fixes, this release mainly focuses on media handling and the complete overhaul of how links work in LayerSlider.
- Page/Post chooser: Linking fields now offer an option to choose a Page, Post or Attachment on your site. With built-in search, you can easily and quickly select any content you want to link to.
- Auto-generated URLs: When you use this new Page/Post chooser option, WordPress will automatically generate the appropriate URLs to make sure they follow your permalink settings and play nice with other plugins like WPML.
- Link bindings: The Page, Post or Attachment you choose with this new option will be tied to the chosen item, which allows LayerSlider to track changes on your site. No more broken links due to permalink changes or anything else.
- Formatted URL fields: Linking fields also received some UI changes to better reflect your settings. When you use the built-in features, they will show descriptive messages like “Linked to WP Post: Hello world!” or “LayerSlider Action: Switch to the next slide” instead of displaying arbitrary URLs, which aren’t that helpful in most cases.
- Attachments: When you choose an attachment, the link will directly point to the file instead of the attachment page. This is helpful when you want to use 3rd party items like a Lightbox/Fancybox plugin.
- Compatibility: Your sliders will continue to work the same. The linking field is there as it was, you are free to manually enter whatever URL you would like to use. However, the above described advantages are only available if you use the newly introduced options.
Improved media handling
- Modal window: Media layers now have a dedicated modal window where you can easily add video / audio. A preview feature has been added to see the results prior making the changes.
- Insert from URL: Added option to insert videos from YouTube or Vimeo URL.
- Inline editing: Similarly to other layer types, you can now double click on media layers in the Preview to bring up the “Insert Media” modal window.
- Improved Preview selection.
- FontAwesome is a popular icon font to display icons. Since several 3rd party items also use it, it was possible that some icons did not appear in your front-end sliders because another theme or plugin loaded an older version. LayerSlider now makes sure to always load its own built-in version that is up-to-date.
- Links now correctly follow hover transitions.
- The WP Media Library now properly displays uploaded video and audio files.
- Fixed a PHP notice, which occurred in case of embedding an empty slider without layers on your front-end pages with WP Debug Mode enabled.
Changes in LayerSlider 6.6.0
This release focuses on improving the Slider Builder. It brings long awaited and highly requested editing capabilities as well as new new features that will enhance your content in many ways.
New editor features
- Import slides: With just a couple of clicks, you can import any slide from any slider you have on your site. You don’t even have to navigate away, it will be added right into the editor where you want it.
- Import layers: Similarly to slides, a nice UI will help you to import any layer from any slider quickly and super easily.
- New Context Menu: Right clicking in the Preview area will open the new context menu. It allows you to select common tasks like adding/removing/duplicating layers as well as to perform copy/paste operations, aligning layers and many more. The old behavior to list and select overlapping layers is also integrated into this new solution.
New layer & content types
- Button layer: Buttons now have a dedicated layer type. They also received some presets you can easily apply to have different types of buttons with different styles.
- Icon layer: There’s also a new Icon layer type. You can choose from 675 pictographs to easily include them in your sliders.
- Icon support: Icons can also be used in combination with other layer types like Buttons, Text or HTML layers.
- Choose before adding: The Add New button now acts as a drop down to choose the type of layer you want to use. Certain layer types (Image & Icon) now immediately prompts you to select the content you want to add. For example, in case of an Image layer, this would be the WordPress Media Library where you can immediately select or upload an image.
- Layer placeholders: No more invisible “contentless” layers. Now every layer type has a placeholder that visually represents it within the editor.
- Inline editing: Double clicking on layers to edit them right in the Preview area now works with non-textual contents as well like Icon or Image layers. In those cases the modal window to add/replace an icon or image will open.
- Align layer options: besides the grid view, now you can also align layers along the horizontal or vertical axis separately.
- Layer-less slides: Slides no longer have an included empty layer by default.
Other new features
- Added “Skip Slide Breaks” option for Play By Scroll sliders to eliminate the stop between slide changes.
- Improved compatibility with image preloaders.
- Special effects like the Origami transition can now be mixed with regular slide transitions.
- Prevent re-initializing sliders on the same element multiple times.
- Improved compatibility with GSAP sandboxing enabled.